20 April 2016

Easy Peasy Lemon Gratey Springtime Pasta

Today I woke up and thought SPRING IS HERE. So, very unlike me I pulled on some sweats (and when I say sweats obv remained v glam in my pink leopard print sports top and pastel juicy shorts duh), rummaged under the stairs and found a leaf blower. I feel like this is the British version of a machine gun. Never have I felt more like a power-wielding absolute legend. I didn't manage to take a self-timer but trust me - I. looked. sick. Honestly, this could be the highlight of my 2016 so far.


But leaf-blowing / vacuuming ain't easy work. I'd say I worked off at least 3.5 nobbly bobbly's worth of cals, which is ideal, because I had two for breakfast. So in honour of (me deciding it's officially) springtime and my extreme morning manual labour, I found a way to make eating cheesy pasta feel fresh, light and perfect for ringing in this sweet springtide. 

It's also really easy and rather speedy. 

1. Boil some water
2. Slice half an onion into long thin strips
3. Melt a lil nub of Lurpak garlic butter (omg heaven cannot stop eating) in a pan
3. Add the onion slices and sweat 'em down till they are soft and caramelised

(Please note I said I found a way of making cheesy pasta feel fresh and light.) 

5. Put the pasta in the pan and cook away
6. Slice some tomatoes, ribbon (I am aware this is not a verb, hater) a courgette using a spiraliser (or a peeler if you are not an instagram fad follower) and chop up a handful of parsley

7.  When the onions are all scrumptious and caramelised...

8. ...Add some hunks of feta and cook on a low heat till it melts (that feta melts is possibly most certainly the best thing I have ever discovered)
9. Grate in the rind of a lemon
10. When the pasta is ready, drain it, reserving a little of the pasta water
11. Put the pasta back into the pan with the reserved water and add the melted feta-onion, parsley, tomatoes and courgette ribbons
12. Plate it up and grate on some parmesan 
13. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper 
13. Eat it in a garden that you have just hoovered apart from that one stinking stubborn leaf on the table that is making me so angry right now I can't even put it into words

You can totally sprinkle on some chilli flakes if you're feeling adventurous and maybe even a lil lemon juice while you're at it. But I couldn't be sacked and I enjoyed it anyway.

Also I have very much made up the ingredient quantities so taste as you go or you may end up with something entirely tasteless. Apologies :) 

SERVES (ME SO PROBABLY) 2 PEOPLE

INREDIENTES
  • half a white onion
  • a little chunk of garlic butter
  • 200g tagliatelle
  • a handful and a half of tomatoes
  • 1 courgette
  • a handful of parsley
  • 100g feta
  • 1 lemon, rind
  • a grating of parmesan
  • a pinch of salt and pepper



No comments:

Post a Comment